Thursday, February 01, 2007

Surprise Baby Shower

My Florida family threw a surprise baby shower when I was in Tampa over the holidays. Josephine and Mary Frances hosted, and there were so many amazing gifts and cards. Nancy's made me cry, it was so beautiful and full of perfect advice (including Josephine and Mary Frances' phone numbers!!!). I cannot wait for Sparky to meet her Florida family!



Although Tom wasn't able to join us, in his honor there was a literary theme. (That's Mother Goose, for those not in the know).



John, Rick, Mary Frances, Curtis, Peggy, Cheryl, Josephine, Carlton, Nancy, Nick



The favors were beautiful white bowls of yummy chocolate, diapered with another literary themed verse. I think my dad had a hand in this, because the pun is totally my sense of humor too (I came by it honestly). Get it, get it?




Dean, Jake, and Ashley also joined us. Jake loooved Peggy, and the balloon, I think in almost that order.

This was so super-fantastic, and has especially helped with the waiting. I keep looking at the cute baby pictures, thinking, well, they tell me a baby is coming . . . but so far I am still just going to work, doing my thing. Having all my extended family celebrate definitely helps make it more real! Thank you all so much.

No comments: