Thursday, December 20, 2007

And it is only Dec 20th . . . and there is a long winter to come.

I fell, again. And this time holding Alice. She was in the ergo, and thank-goodness is fine. The escalator was broken going down to the train, so I had to take the stairs. I missed the last step, and with one hand on the rail and the other on her head, I fell hard on my left knee. My back is sore, and my knee, and my ego. I was quite shaken. Tom was still nearby on his way to the post office, so came quickly to the rescue when I called. I went to the doctor who prescribed ice for the knee, a hot tub for the back, ibuprofen, muscle relaxant. . . . not sure what to do about the ego.

While I love being back here, and have so enjoyed the snowy weather, this was sobering.

In other news, I do wish you could all be with us when Alice wakes up, and is so smiley and cuddly. It is truly the best feeling in the world. She loves to laugh and chatter. Tom and I had a conversation this morning, making plans for the day, and she sat between us listening, then proceeded to look at each of us seriously in turn while saying hr piece, waiting for an answer, then turning to the other. I have no idea what we agreed to, but she certainly got our approval for her plan!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful out there!!!

Becky said...

Hi - this is Ally's other mom, Becky. Here is some first aid for your ego...
..I fell THREE TIMES in one walk (on the ice last Monday) with Ally in the Ergo, and had to call Julie to come get us. I hope you feel better soon...my ego felt very bruised the day of, and the next day or so I was just sore. Take it easy - we DO definitely have to get together after the holidays. We need some sage advice on the straw cups!

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlotte said...

Oh no. Glad that Alice was not hurt, but so sorry about your back and knee and ego. I hope you can enjoy Florida and don't suffer too many ill effects from this stupid weather.