Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Will I never Learn . . .

. . . to not brag? Here I was excited about Alice going to sleep so easily lately, and what happens but she was up on Monday (really Tuesday) from 2 am - 5 am. Aargh!

The thing is, she was totally cute the entire time. Tom and I were zonked, and she just sat up in the bed between us and patted our faces while saying nite nite, much like I often stroke her face while encouraging her to go nite nite. It was adorable, really. She is such a gem.

She continues to say Ana's name when we go to daycare in the morning. Tom and I are now worried that she likes Ana better than us. Pathetic! I am definitely looking forward to the Winter break when I can spend all day with my sweeties, for more than just a weekend!

1 comment:

Brian Hinshaw said...

Is there a maxim about not judging the whole dozen by the condition of one egg? If not, coin one.

Our own experience with restless kids suggests to me that like chicken pox or King Arthur, sleep issues never really end. They just go dormant.

You think they're done, and then one late evening when you've stayed up way too late doing nothing of worth on the computer, the kids decide that 3am is a perfectly fine time to call out for company. In fact, there's no better time, other than perhaps 3:30am and again at 4:00am.