Friday, January 18, 2008


Alice decided Santa would like loops and agua for a snack during his long night of service.

And she contemplates what might fill her stocking on the morrow. Her stocking made by Peggy. I had called my mom saying that I was searching on Ebay for a stocking for Alice to match the ones Peggy and I, and coincidentally, Curtis and Tom, all had growing up. Felt and beaded stockings. My mom said "Stop!" because she and Peggy were doing the same thing. So I couldn't be more pleased that Alice is now officially a member of the felt and beaded stocking family.

See the gorgeous tree behind us? Tom and I were both sick most of the trip, and Alice had pink eye by the end. Well one night I was up coughing and hacking away, and walked into the living room to find the tree had fallen over. This was the night before my mom was having her friends over to meet Alice. My mom, after years of teacher gifts and her own collecting, has an amazing array of ornaments. It was miraculous that only one glass one broke completely, and a couple more had pieces fall off. I propped the tree up with a basket of potatoes, cleaned the best I could, and returned to bed at 3am. When I awoke, Curtis had cleaned the rest and got the tree back up. Whew.

Despite the fact that we were sick, we were thrilled to be in Florida. Or maybe I should say that because we were so sick, we were thrilled to be in a lovely warm climate with four other adults doting over Alice!!!

Maemae and Papa, thanks for a fabulous Holiday!

No comments: