Sunday, July 20, 2008
In between update
I still have pictures and video to post from our trip. In the meantime, a quick update. Abuela's surgery went well and she is recovering apace. Tom had been wanting us to get Alice a Big Wheel for a while. I am so glad he thought of it, because I don't know that it would have occurred to me she was almost ready. This morning after breakfast, she walked to the front door and asked to go out. I was ready for my run, but I figured sure, we can hang outside for a bit and let Tom sleep in some more. She walked straight to that car and asked me to open the door. Ok, I figured I would let her play in the car while I cleaned it out. I went back and got the keys, and once inside, she immediately climbed to the backseat and into her carseat. As she tried to buckly herself in, she told me, "Go!" Since we had already been to the grocery store the day before, and we were scheduled to see some houses to get a sense of the urban stock available (since we are leaning urban) I wasn't sure where to head. Then I remembered that Tom has been wanting to get her a Big Wheel, so I went back inside for my glasses and purse and off to Target we went! We found a terrific tricycle that has a stroller/steering handle attached. Alice was a very active participant in helping me put it together this afternoon, and loved riding it. Her feet do reach the pedals, but just barely so pedaling is not quite in the cards at the moment. As soon as the neighbors get back though and she sees Hayley and Josie in action, I am sure she will be off and riding. I need to find her a helmet, but they didn't have anything in her size at Target, which I was actually glad about because everything was either Princesses or Cars. So I am hoping to get a plain bike helmet at a bike store. She was sooo proud/pleased to be on her bike. I'll get the pictures posted tomorrow. Right now, I am headed to bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cheryl - Cambridge Bicycles right on Mass Ave (259 Mass Ave - just past Central SQ on the way to MIT) has a very nice childrens' toddler helmet - we got Ally the same one at LL Bean and I saw it in the bike store on Saturday - it has pink bunnies on it. The Target ones were too big for Ally too.
Glad you got Alice a trike - Ally can't reach any pedals -we tried a bunch of different ones over the weekend.
We're looking forward to our "date"next week.Glad all is well with your MIL
Post a Comment