Tuesday, January 13, 2009

January

This delay has been caused by our sleeping arrangements. When we moved, I made an enormous tactical error in thinking I should have Alice start her new sleeping pattern in her own room and bed. WRONG, MAMA! After nightly hours of protest, I went ahead and brought her into our bed before we went to Houston for the holidays, during Houston, and ever since. Alice is actually a terrific co-sleeper. The difficulty lies in getting her to sleep. For weeks we have been lying with her until she fell asleep . . . the problem is that WE often fall asleep also. And she needs to be able to fall asleep on her own. We were there before the move, so I trust we can get there again. This morning, Tom and I decided the most important thing was getting her to fall asleep on her own. Tonight, I stood next to the big bed while she fell asleep. We had a 50% success rate . . . Alice fell asleep . . . and so did Tom. lol!

This fall we went apple picking with Clare and Caroline. The girls had a great time together tasting apples and riding the train.





2 comments:

Dr. Samantha said...

i'm stopping by for the first time via another blog i was stopping by for the first time (ally). your daughter is adorable and i was tickled to see our almost identical timelines!

i look forward to keeping my eye on your cutie. :)
-samantha

Michelle Smiles said...

Hope you get that worked out - sleep is such a rough issue!