Monday, January 19, 2009

Mystery Video

We had a wonderful playdate today with Olivia and Daniel and their parents (Lori and Steve). It was so great to see our friends and talk parenting. We had such a wonderful weekend! It has been so terrific having people over warming our home.

We all went out and shoveled this morning. We have had so much snow. After reading Ally's blog, I gave Alice a bucket and wooden spoon and she had fun. I made some snow castles for her to stomp. Otherwise, she just ate snow from her spoon!

It was great having a 3 day weekend. Saturday and Sunday were hard, as Alice was very . . . toddlerish . . . with Mama, anyways. But today we re-found our rhythm. Last week I had a dinner and a breakfast meeting back to back and I think it took its toll on all of us. We also started our transition bedtime routine which is always a challenge. Alice is, as always, doing a spectacular job of adjusting. We are now able to have only one person with her sitting on the bed while she falls asleep. . . . baby steps.

In other news, we were all hanging out the other morning, and Alice was fooling around. Tom asked her if she was a cat. Alice replied, as if it were obvious, "No, I'm a butterfly." And then recently, she announced she was a butterfly princess. I love the balance between her being so interested in backhoes, and dinosaurs, and . . . butterflies!



Alice and Olivia and Daniel bouncing.



Alice offers her guests the best thing she can think of . . la pop.



The snowy view outside our window. I need to find out what kind of trees we have.



Eating snow!



I tried to get Alice to let me take her picture, but she wouldn't. After a couple of minutes, she came up to me and said "Picture" and then squatted down and made a bunch of silly faces.






Enjoy the mystery video!

No comments: