It seems to me this blog has become a means of tracking illnesses rather than a meaningful capturing if life. A sick log, a slog. We are now on either week three of a cold or a second cold, this one being very pronounced in breathing-blockage and including a bonus fever. We've called the Doctor who says, yes, that's the current cold making the rounds. Still, we are ever alert to worsening symptoms. So far so good. Oh, except for the fact that we are also treating her for pink eye. Pobrecito.
We had Wednesday off this week, and visited Alice's old daycare. It was interesting. She was happy to see the toddlers, and accepted it when I said her friends her age were now at their new schools since Amy's school is for babies and toddlers. I think she really gets it now, seeing how many different activities there are at her new school compared to Amy's. She had a great time. Anna from Guatemala was there, and it was good to see her, too. I am sad that my Spanish is not proficient enough for me to speak to Alice soley en espanol en la case pero . . . it is what it is.
In other cute news, Alice has been taking swim lessons with her dad. They love this time together. I'll be signing her up for independent swim lessons in January, without Tom in the pool with her. She is getting sooo big.
She tells us she loves us spontaneously, and kisses our hands. When Tom and I are talking, she often asks us to "No talk to Dada, I want you talk to me." And "Tell me the story" is something she repeats when we are talking about something that interests her and she needs several retellings. She is such a delight, and Tom has become somewhat of a baby whisperer in getting her to take her medicine. Life is good here.
Friday, November 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment