My parents created a princess bed for Alice. She loved it! And . . . still wanted to sleep in the big bed so one of us always ended up on the couch. However, this is the much reupholstered couch on which mom labored with both Peggy and I and it is REALLY comfy so actually it all worked out fine. Since our return from our holiday travels. Miss Alice has begun to fall asleep all by herself in her own bed. As Alice would say, "Hallelujah!" One of the elements of our success this time around is I found a small silk eye pillow I had from somewhere, filled with lavendar buds. I told Alice I got it for her as a special pillow to help her sleep. She took me at my word, promptly removed her regular size pillow, and now every night carefully positions her head on the eye pillow. Hilarious and effective!
So now the routine is to have Dada put her to bed. Then he leaves, and Mama acts as her alarm system. Alice calls me and I go check on her, thankfully almost always no more than three times. She needs me as an alarm system though because she is worried about the Bumble. Remember the Rudolph movie? The abominable snowmonster who is grumpy cause his teeth hurt? It is Alice's friend Ally's favorite movie, and we went over there one night and Ally couldn't wait to watch the movie with her friend Alice. Well, we heard about the scary wild teeth for a long time to come! (Ally's parents asked us if we wanted Alice to watch it, and we obviously hadn't remembered the scary factor--whoops!). So now she needs to be reassured that the doors and windows are locked and the bumble cannot get inside. Poor sweetheart. It's funny, cause I would describe Ally as cautious and Alice as rambunctious, however Ally has a much higher tolerance for scary (Alice's is zero it seems, so don't read too much into that!). I am loving watching these two girls grow up together!
Ok, slightly rambling post. More pics to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment