Sunday, April 18, 2010

Scooters and kitties!

Alice has been asking for two things for quite a while now: a scooter and a kitty. She got both this week! Our friend Kerrin gave her a gift certificate for Christmas, and I saved it till Spring for a scooter. We waited for the kitties till after my lovely (and highly allergic) friend Dana visited. So below will be a recap of several months!



Starting with the scooter! Alice was soooo happy to get her scooter. She told me she wanted to have a scooter party, and invite Will and Orion from her class. She told me, "The Mama's can talk, while the kids scoot!"



The bath continues to be a big hit with Alice, as do swim lessons. I cannot wait to get to Florida to the warm pool this Summer (as the pool at MIT is slightly chilly!).



So Alice had been asking for a while to get her hair cut short, mainly because she hated getting it brushed every morning. We waited for a while this Fall till she was sure, and once she was sure, we cut off all that beautiful black silky hair! We did it in Florida so Angelo could do it. I asked for a bob--bangs and then straight across the back. I turned away for a second and we ended up with a Dorothy Hamil (sp?). Still cute though! She seemed a bit uncertain at first, then shook her head back and forth like she was dancing and after feeling it float around, smiled sooo big! The next morning I came out with a comb and she said, "No Mama! I don't brush my hair, I got my hair cut!" I've cut the bangs a couple of times since, but haven't got the back cut yet. Everyone once in a blue moon she'll ask for ponies, but mostly not. The great thing is that when her hair was long we were watching a little movie every morning during the combing and ponies, and now that her hair is short we have cut the media out of the morning routine which has been good.



Ally and Alice are still having playdates as often as possible. Whenever we have Guat Girls, they often end up playing together which is very endearing. Here I emptied out a kitchen cabinet to make them a playhouse. They filled it with pillows and blankets.



While im Tampa, we went on a trip from downtown to Ybor on the yellow trolley train. While waiting for the train, she sat on the lap of Dick Greco, she also stuck her finger up his nose, but I can't find that picture!



This is from Christmas morning. On Christmas Eve, we put out cookies and milk for Santa. At bedtime, Alice had a slight meltdown. When I finally got her calmed down, she asked me, "How does Santa get in the house?" I asked her if she was worried about Santa and she said yes. She told me she didn't want Santa to bring her any presents. Maemae asked if she and Papa could give Alice presents. Alice thought about it and decided that would be ok. The we wrote a note to Santa and put the note and the cookies outside for Santa to find. Alice dictated the note to me. I wrote, Dear Santa, and Alice added:

"Don't come in the house.
Don't leave presents.
Don't.

You can still drink the milk and eat the cookies."

The next morning we went outside and noticed the cookies were gone. I asked her if she thought Papa had put the plate inside or if Santa had eaten the cookies. She thought for a moment and said, "Santa ate them. Good job, Santa."
























No comments: