Saturday, January 29, 2011

Seriously, 2011? Bring it on.

As many of our readers know, Tom was diagnosed in December with Stage 4 squamous cell carcinoma of the neck. The good news is that he has been given an 85% survival rate. He began chemo and radiation last week, which will continue for a total of seven weeks (3 chemos total, radiation 5 days a week). We are surrounded by loving family and friends. Our Christmas photos this year may not have been our best, but they are certainly real. We were in Texas visiting Tom's mom, who in taking chemo treatments to fight colon cancer. I want to document this part of our life for Alice. I figure what better way to start than with photos showing the people we love best in all the world, and go on from there. Here's wishing you and yours a peaceful and healthy new year.






2 comments:

Helen said...

Love the pictures Cheryl. Thanks for posting them. Love, Mom

Jennifer said...

I didn't know that Tom was diagnosed with cancer. So sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you guys! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I'd even shovel your snow...