Saturday, December 24, 2011

The giving game

Peggy had a great idea for a new tradition. After dinner we played the giving game. Peggy and Curtis had donated money to a charity creating a library for children in need in Guatemala. They shared literature from the program with us. Peggy then had Alice had out wrapped gifts. Each person got a gift to open, then they could decide who they thought would enjoy the gift the most and give it to that person (or keep it). The gifts were amazing, puzzle boxes, Guatemalan purse, scarf, special healing lotion, soap and a meditation cd. Alice unwrapped the latter, coveted the medicated lotion (which she couldn't have) and I am sad to say tears ensued. I loved the game and hope it will be a wonderful new tradition. The evening ended well, and Alice was happy in the end with her CD. I think it was hard at the end of a long day of excitement and anticipation to play a new game. But all's well that ends well.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: