Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Retro: all clear

I may go in at some point and change the date on these as I want to do some retrospective blogging. Tom went to Dana Farber yesterday and got another 'all clear' which was great news. However, when we were going over the day's plans over breakfast and Alice heard him say Dana Farber she said NO! Very emphatically. I think check ups are hard to stomach even. And whenever we drive anywhere near that part of town she needs reassurance that we are not going to the hospital.


Alice did go a few times though. Once to see the radiation table where she even helped tighten his mask into place. Here she is in the morning waiting for Tom to go into surgery before my parents and Caitlin took her to school. She was most excited about getting breakfast at Au Bon Pan whereas I could never eat there again and be happy!


In addition to Caitlin staying with us for a month on her way back from Africa, and my parents coming several times to help during our surgery and move, Tom's childhood friend Herb came. He's an emergency room surgeon in Dallas, and he stayed with us the entire day of the surgery.


Back at home, we celebrated Maemae's birthday.



YouTube Video

And a week post surgery we moved. It is hard to believe it now, but we survived all the stress and chaos! Looking forward to another all clear scan in March 2012. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: