Sunday, March 25, 2012

Awesome

Yesterday, Alice told us she was glad we are her parents. I wondered to myself whether this was only a recent feeling. Today, she asked me how I would feel if I had a different daughter, if I would think that daughter was awesome. I explained that I would, because I would love any daughter and think My daughter awesome. But I also said she would probably be awesome
In ways. That we're different from Alice. Alice has long said she wanted hair like me. That she wanted to have nursed. Family. Identity. We watch videos from Guatemala on YouTube. A medal winning gymnast. A chicken bus. Dancers and musicians. Today, alce found a video of an indigenous princess being crowned. Is that she the queen of my country, she asked. I
Can't even begin to explain the president, the politics. Yes, I said.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: