So . . . on one of the Guatemalan Adoption listserves I subscribe to, everyone last week was talking about premonitions they had. One woman decided back in January to send herself flowers on March 5th, and it turns out that is the day she will be flying home with her child. Other people have been talking about signs . . . the closest thing we had to a sign was this:
After we finished our paperwork and got on the waiting list for a baby girl, we were Number Nine on the waiting list. About a week later, we went to our favorite cheese store at the Ferry Market Building in San Francisco, Cowgirl's Creamery. In order to get served there, you have to take a number. We, you guessed it, got number 9! We took that to be auspicious, as we love cheese, and we will love our daughter . . .
Basically, I think I am too pragmatic to have a premonition. But I decided to have one anyway. Tom commented that he thought it didn't work that way, but I was undeterred. So going with the 9 theme . . .
Our nine year anniversary (of dating) is March 15th, the ides of March. So that seemed a good date to find out we are out of PGN, right? So that is my premonition, that we get out of PGN on March 15, 2007. (I thought I ought to throw in the 2007 so there are no misunderstandings with the universe).
The other thing I was wondering . . . lots of people sell houses by burying a St. Joseph statue upside down in the front yard . . . is there anything for adoption? If not, we should get together and invent something cause boy would that sell!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Cheryl! Praying that you get out on the 15th!!! Just an FYI...St. Thomas More is the patron saint of statesmen and politicians! Will say a few extra prayers to him this week for you guys! My email is meg_early@hotmail.com if you want to chat! Like your post about letting the fairies know that you are busy!!! :)
Post a Comment