Our bedtime routine is thus:
Bath
Jammies
Play
Bottle
Play
After some eye rubbing . . .
Song
Hugs
Kisses
Saying Nite-Nite
Bed
Repeat every 5 minutes till crying stops.
(Tonight, 2 repeats. Woohoo).
The song is Bicycle Built for 2, with Alice's name instead of Daisy's.
Isn't Alice's Dada adorable???
2 comments:
Okay, so I must live in the bicycle built for two capital of the world. As soon as the permafrost clears, those wiggedy tandem bikes are everywhere. This has led me to research other verses of the song. I am such a nerd.
I shall like to share my favorite version of the 2nd verse with you:
Michael, Michael
Here is your answer true.
I'll not cycle
Over the world with you.
If you can't afford a carriage,
There won't be any marriage.
'Cause I'll be damned,
If I'll be crammed
On a bicycle built for two!
Don't you love it?
Jennifer
I used to sing "Irene goodnight" verses with "Eli" substituted for "Irene"-- so you're definitely on the right track. (I also cleaned up the suicidal verse.) And bedtime routine (maybe while holding her with the bottle?) includes reading a book? Book reading must be in there every night! Love, Karen
Post a Comment