Sunday, May 27, 2007

Savers

My mom has gotten a lot of grief over the years for saving things. It is true that my folks' home is not minimalist (major emphasis on home, though). But when Tom and I found out they had saved Peggy's and my childhood toys, we were pretty excited. So Maemae and Papa, thanks, you did good.

Here is Ali May with her jingle ball circa 196 . . .
This morning her big achievement was not only to sit up all on her own for extended periods.
Also, when I was sitting on the pillow behind her, she would fall into my lap, and use her muscles to sit back up!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! We really are enjoying the pictures and commentary. We can't wait to see you all.

Helen said...

This made my day seeing Alice play with Cheryl's toy. It's amazing to see her sitting up. Thanks for the pictures. Oh! And there's more where that came from!

Unknown said...

Thanks for keeping up with the photos and comments. They make us all feel we're there. (Looks cold in the park, hmm?)

NKP said...

She looks wonderful and happy! Congratulations and thanks for hooking me up with your blog.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful adventure you are one! Alice is perfect, what lucky parents! Were you able to find a cloth diaper that is working well for you? This is what we are using now, and we just love them! www.hyenacart.com/LittleMsDiapers
She doesn't have many listed for sale now, but she does customs-and I think when I bought 12, she charged maybe $11 a piece, VERY reasonable! And I love supporting a working mama! Hope it is going well, congratulations to you again and again!

mralarm said...

alice is SO beautiful! so glad she's finally home!