Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Next!

So my folks left at 3pm today and Tom's folks get in at 5pm. Alice is one popular gal. (We are under no illusions here, Tom and I simply function as Sparky delivery systems). On Sunday, Tom's 17 year old sister Caitlin arrives, then his parents leave on Tuesday, and Caitlin goes home to prepare for a Caribbean sailing adventure a couple of days later. And in July, my sister and her husband will drive up from Florida to spend time on a New England adventure (see the link to their blog on the side bar).

Our biggest news is that we found daycare for the Fall when I start my new job. It is in a home very close to my work, with a total of six kids around Alice's age; and of the 4 staff, 3 are women from Guatemala. Everything is falling into place, and we feel so blessed.

I haven't got a good shot of them yet, but Alice's bottom 2 teeth have broken through. She is such a wonderful person, it is so much fun getting to know her, her moods, her sense of humor. She pays attention to everything going on around her with a laser-like focus. She is babbling away, and we THINK she associates "baba" with bottle and "dada" with Dada. She certainly can say both, but that part can seem random at times, and purposeful at others. Basically, rivetting (to us).

Here are some family photos. We had a terrific visit, and my parents were amazing. So helpful and such joy in their granddaughter. Again, we feel so blessed. Thank goodness Verizon continues to give us headaches or else I would be waiting for a shoe to drop.

Here we go:





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos!!!

NKP said...

I love her little baby wave! And I want to see a video of her happy dance. So sweet that she loves company. Bet she'll love daycare--other babies are fascinating!