Well . . . tonight we had our first ever choking episode. We were at Jose's, feeding Alice Guacamole. Tom can attest to my extreme paranoia in making sure every bite is tiny, mushy, and basically non-chokeable. Happily, the story ends well, in that Tom flipped her out of the Bjorn and over face forward so I could do a finger swipe of her throat. Which she did NOT enjoy. After it was over, I wished I had ordered the Margarita instead of the horchata! She was fine within a minute. Mama is still a little weak in the knees.
Ok, on to other topics. The reason there have been no pics or video lately is that I got some video stuck on my camera, and it took me a while to find the time to figure out how to get it off. That is now done, and here is one of the videos in question. I think it was worth rescuing! This was taken after her three weeks of playmates/family visits, during which time she learned to clap. I tried so hard to get the "Body so strong" look on the vid, to no avail. I also tried to tell my mouth popping, 'beep beep' and 'Latte' jokes, to zero laughs. I need to get a new routine. I have also captured what Tom calls "getting flustrated" . . . frustrated and flustered. Happily, life is 99% distraction, especially when you have cute colored blocks to throw.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Loved seeing the video and listening to Alice's sounds.
Can't wait for your visit!
Love,
Mom
Maemae
She is clearly a genius.
Cheryl, you were too busy trying to amuse her with your beeps and lattes to notice that as Alice chewed on the L page, she said, "El, el, el, el, la, la, la, la...."
A kid who is reading at her age is not going to be humored by beeps. I mean really! :)
Love ya!
Jennifer
Post a Comment