Here are some more pics from our Florida trip:
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Hablamos con Ana de esta noche.
Alice and I spoke with Ana Margarita tonight, Alice's foster mother in Guatemala. We are trying to figure out a way to easily get her photos of Alice, because it sounds like she doesn't have internet access at home. This conversation was conducted entirely in Spanish, and as I am more fluent in Pig Latin than I am in Spanish, and did not have any facial cues to assist, so you can imagine what a struggle it was. An example: I am pretty sure she asked me if Alice was a fish for Halloween. Not sure where that came from. I told her she was un gato. Did they celebrate Halloween in Guatemala last year and dress Alice as a fish? At least Ana laughed a lot, so I took that as a good sign. I called her from Skype so Alice could hear her on the computer speakers. And boy oh boy was Alice paying attention. She stayed on my lap the whole time and smiled everytime Ana spoke. We will have to figure out a way to get to Guatemala in the next year or two!
Here are some more pics from our Florida trip:




Here are some more pics from our Florida trip:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you had a fun trip! We've been so busy - but maybe we can have another playdate after Thanksgiving? Its amazing the changes in our girls in just a month!
She's getting so big!!!
Post a Comment