Alice and I flew to Florida for a long weekend--hence the lack of posts. It was very different getting us ready for a trip while working full time. I forgot the bibs, and probably a million other things that I have since forgotten that I forgot. I did remember to bring the cd Catalina gave Alice of Latin Lullabies, which we have been using in a Pavlovian way to indicate nite nite time. And guess what--it worked! MaryFrances and Rick lent us the pack n play tested and approved by their 4 grandkids and sure enough it was a hit with Alice, too. She is getting so good at sleeping in her crib. I can usually get her down in about 30 minutes (give or take) and last night she stayed in her crib till almost 6am before sleeping in our bed for another hour+. For a kid who started out being strolled to sleep at midnight I am very proud of her. One night while we were in Florida, after some rough-housing with Uncle Curtis, she actually crawled into the bedroom, sat in the middle of the floor and asked for her Baba (bottle). I asked her if she wanted to go nite nite and she nodded her head emphatically! It is so fun to be communicating with her. We don't always know what she is pointing to, and sometimes when we do know I think we pretend we don't if it is a forbidden object! Here are some pics from our trip!

OK, again, my folks are amazing. They saved all of our Fisher Price toys, which you can see are PRICEY on Ebay. We played with the house, the bus, and the airplane on this trip. We also have the school house and the castle. Tom and I had a moment last night as we reminisced playing with the trap door and secret room in the castle, both of our favorite features. What would Freud say?

So, this penguin is one of those toys that waddles and flaps it wings and swawks. Alice was both fascinated and fearful of the penguin in motion. She would ask me to turn it on, and then as it got close she would frantically climb into the safety of my lap. So, I definitely enjoyed that part (the snuggling)!

My folks put a pumpkin in a patch of decorative sweet potato planted in the front yard. Alice now points to pumkins and says something that is a cross between baba and puhpeh.


Alice was very into playing the piano! Curtis thought to pull up her highchair and she just rocked out. Everyone mentioned what a good sense of rhythm she has. Tom is certainly doing his part by playing her music every day from his blues collection.
1 comment:
Those photos are great!
Post a Comment