Thursday, December 13, 2007

Holiday Party


We had our Holiday Party on what was the coldest day to date in Alice's life. We went out that morning to find a tree to decorate. The woman at the stand was so nice, and went back to the truck to find us the tiniest table top tree in stock.

Here we are kangarooed for a trip out to the nearest hardware store for new lights for the tree, since the old ones didn't work. Of course, I had already strung them on the tree, and the closest store didn't have lights. And the car had broken down, so I couldn't drive to Target . . . luckily the place we ordered the tamales and tres leche cake from was just around the corner! And Tom made such excellent beans and rice that several guests asked to take some home (including kids!)

Still, we had fun hanging all of Mama's Unicorn ornaments circa 198* . . . plus some beautiful ones given to me by my mom over the years. Alice also got a beautiful ornament from Guatemala from her Abuela, a beaded bird.

Here are some of our more decorous guests. I can only hope that their sedate party experience was as pleasurable as that of . . .

some of our other guests!

We had a great time seeing all our friends and family who braved the cold to come out. The hardest part was that Alice just wanted to chase after the big kids, by walking (with our finger-assistance, of course).

Which made it hard for us to really chat on on one with our guests . . . so we were very happy to see everyone having such a good time mingling!

I feel so loved when I look at this giant pile of coats. We have such awesome friends!

Alice, our social butterfly, thoroughly enjoyed the party. I meant to get a picture of the three of us in our finery in front of the tree, and am afraid you will have to settle for a post-party picture of Alice.

"Sure Mama, I'm ready for bed. I'm not wound up at all at all."

1 comment:

Helen said...

Love the pictures. Can't wait for Christmas!