Friday, December 14, 2007

Cookies!

My dear dear friend Sarah held what is I think fast becoming her Famous Cookie Exchange and Yankee Gift Swap. When I think of the cookie exchanges of my youth, what I remember is my mom coming home from her Circle Group and us sitting around the dining room table sampling, and mocking, the cookies. Not all the cookies, got mocked, but there were usually at least one or two doozies!



Not at Sarah's cookie exchange however. This boasted a high class crowd of cookie connoisseurs. In fact, it was interesting because the woman who most felt she had failed with her cookies, happened to have one of the best tasting cookies! Also interesting, both of my friends (Sarah and Clare) made savory cookies. Hmmmmmm. What does THAT mean? I made my traditional adults only Bourbon Balls.



Here are Alice and Caro. Alice, as soon as you start walking, you are going to have sooo much fun with this cutie pie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can attest to how amazing those bourbon balls were! I'm going to try my hand at them this weekend.

Clare's Rosemary Shortbread was Eric's favorite. He did not think they tasted like chicken at all. He scarfed them down before I could even try one!

Thank you so much for coming and I'm glad you both had a great time!