Sunday, December 02, 2007

So Much to be Thankful for . . . part 2

We had a great time in Houston. The first set of pictures finally loaded to the post 2 posts ago, so you can go there for the first set of pics. Alice was a dream on the plane, and by having Tom with us, Tom and I each actually got to read a couple of pages of our books!

Joan and Burnham borrowed a De-Luxe high chair from their neighbors, for which we were very grateful. It also taught me a lesson once we got home . . . Alice never resisted the deluxe high chair, while she often resists ours. At first I thought the difference was the padding and recline features. But the high chair at my folks' is padded . . . My inner Trixie Belden went into high gear, and I discovered that if I put the tray on First, then stand Alice on the seat, and finally reach down and scoop her feet out from under her using the diaper-ankle grab, I can get her into the chair! Whew.

While we were in Houston, we spent a lot of time with Tom's siblings. With the help of Joan and Burnham and Pat and Caitlin, I was able to throw Tom a surprise birthday party. And he was actually surprised! I'll get the pictures up as soon as I get them turned right-ways.

We spent a couple of mornings at the Children's Museum of Houston so Alice could get her YaYa's out. She is definitely her Father's daughter as she loved mailing letters at the Post Office! I think Tom and I are both super-ready now for her to start walking. At least I am short enough that when she does the over-head fingerhold my back isn't wrecked. Poor Tom!

Finally, while rough housing tonight, I noticed Alice is breaking a molar. I keep telling Tom that I need him to go to bootcamp with a difficult baby-toddler-kid so he knows just how easygoing Alice is . . . he says he'll take my word for it!

No comments: