Sunday, December 16, 2007

Swan Lake

Well, storm # 2 has arrived. Tom has been outside twice already trying to keeping up with the shoveling.

I know our neighbor Dudley is happy to have another strapping young man around to hep shovel the drive. Don't they look graceful?


Alice continues to enjoy the snow. We tried another combination of her several winter ensembles. The difficulty I am having is what to do with her little feet and ankles to keep them covered. I cannot imagine attempting to get snow boots on her. Any advice?


We played a game where I threw Alice to the top of one of the piles of snow the men have shoveled at the end of the drive, and she would slid to the bottom. She LOVED it! I cannot wait to take her sledding. We need to get a shovel (right now we are borrowing the neighbors') and a sled. And I think Tom and I both need snow pants. And I need snow boots. And Alice needs snow boots. I went on the LL Bean site the other night to order things, and they were all sold out of everything. How can that be??? Winter has just begun! I guess they don't cater to the procrastinating clientele.



Last night we went downtown to see the big tree and do some shopping and have dinner with Nana Pam and Robert. We had a wonderful time, but as we never found the official City Tree, I will leave you with a shot of ours.

4 comments:

Helen said...

I remember the fun part playing in the snow in St. Louis, but I also remember the shoveling and the slippery icy roads. I LOVE Tampay! Can't wait until you get here. Alice looks like she's enjoying the snow way more than Tom.

Helen said...

This computer is driving me crazy.
It's Tampa not Tampay.

Michelle Smiles said...

I sort of kind of almost miss the snow...but not enough to wish for some of our own. It looks pretty!

Jennifer said...

I hate snow.

You need Lands End. Their coats and boots are fantastic. I have a recent catalogue with a code for free shipping - I'll email you the code.

I've seen littler than Alice in boots here in Wisconsin, but they may have been born in them. Pretty sure Alice is not genetically programmed for snow boots. Will check on that.

Wish I could send you Smith's old sled. It has a molded seat with a high back and a very parent-back-friendly rope and handle to pull the wee one around.

Hope y'all are enjoying the 4 hours of daylight each day as much as I am.

Serenity now!
Jennifer