Alice really wanted to go out in the snow. Instead, I decided to bring the snow to us!
One of my favorite memories of childhood is the time it snowed in Tampa. My mom made a snowman, by scraping snow off the ground and car (a brown pinto station wagon!). She kept Frosty in the freezer for 6 months, and I remember coming in out of the Summer heat with the neighborhood kids, clamoring "Show us Frosty, show us Frosty!"
Alice was fascinated by the snow, and loved to eat it. It was a great, fluffy snow.
I tried to make a snow man, but am a wimp and my hands got too cold. I also cannot seem to find any gloves that aren't giant ski gloves or cashmere knit. I guess that gives me something to do tomorrow during the storm! I am also missing velvet pants and 3 pairs of work shoes from the move. I am afraid Goodwill might have gotten a bag of some really good stuff by mistake!
I am trying to pace us, so for tomorrow's storm I think I will do something I read about in 'Little House on the Prairie' where they pour maple syrup in the snow to make candy.
Of course, I need to make yet another trip to the grocery store, and so for tomorrow's storm we might relive Tom's favorite snow memory from the time it snowed in Houston: his mom mixed strawberry flavored Nestle Quik with the snow.
Ok, does this look like an ice cream headache to you?
No comments:
Post a Comment