Tom had a conference to go to on Friday, so I got to stay home with Alice. When I let my manager know, she said "Have fun snuggling." Boy was she right, Alice has been a total snuggle bug. I spent much of Friday carrying her in the ergo, and she continued to have a hard time sleeping. But yesterday, she was able to take a 2 hour nap. A mere cold would lay us low and lethargic, while Alice continues to me a busy person.
Here she is sharing her exersaucer with Barbara.
Since Barbara couldn't reach the toys (and is inanimate) Alice assists.
I had so much fun staying home with Alice, even the times we struggled with the pink medicine. She tries so hard, once she understands. We talk to her about how it will make her feel better, having no idea what concepts are making sense to her. I assume she finally hears the determination in our voices, and love, and knows we are trying to help her. This week was my busiest yet at work, as my budget was due and I had flown a trainer in from Colorado for 3 days. Everything went well, and I thoroughly enjoyed the challenges of my long days at work. And yet, taking Friday off so Tom could go to his conference was an absolute delight in that I got to spend so much time with Alice. I would get teary when she would spontaneously hug me. She's here, I kept thinking. She keeps me in the moment.
We are supposed to see several open houses today. Because Alice is sick, I think we will just send Tom. If he finds the perfect house, then he can come back here and I can go see it. Although, I trust him completely. He has done a vast amount of work to get us a list of houses to view, and I think at this point he could pick us a house without my even having seen it! Cross your fingers that we find something soon!
1 comment:
Hope the house hunt goes well...and little girl hugs are the best!
Post a Comment