Monday, March 24, 2008

Thank you Easter Bunny

In case anyone was wondering, The EB lives in Florida. I got a phone call from the EB a week or so before the holiday, letting me know a package was on its way for Miss Alice. Whew. Considering I had completely forgotten about the holiday, it was very nice to know not one but 2 baskets of goodies were on the way.

After breakfast, Dada went outside to check and see if the EB had visited.

Alice brought the basket Maemae made (made, not just glued the ribbon on, but M-A-D-E! Maemae is amazing!!!).

It is hard to see the eggs, but they are huge and had Little People inside. What totally cracked me up was that the eggs seemed to have 'breathing holes' so the people didn't suffocate. Very thoughtful.

I think Tom and I, although charmed by the event of the hunt, were both slightly horrified by how cold it was outside. It is Spring!!! Right???

So we went inside to hide the eggs and find them all over again. Thank you, Easter Bunny, for making our fun day possible!

3 comments:

Helen said...

I'm absolutely charmed by Alice in her fur jacket and bunny hat. I love her all knowing look in the last picture. We were at an Easter egg hunt at a friend's home in Florida (held inside because of the rain). The Easter Bunny shed little parts of his tail as he hurried through the house hiding Jake's Easter basket! Lots of fun!

Becky said...

Little People! That's awesome - the FL easter bunny knows what's what. The NY easter bunny put cheerios in a lot of the eggs we found.

Brian Hinshaw said...

I've also come to praise the FLeaster Bunny, who has proven to be very toddler- (and Unitarian-) savvy.

Sam & Caleb's eggs had Gerber's Fruit Chews in them. And Goldfish!