Thursday, May 08, 2008

No More Drama!

Our 13 year old neighbor Diana*, had a t-shirt on with that saying the other day. I need to get me one of those! We have had a big week here at Mc2Family. Those of you who knew us back in our California days might remember the infamous "Moving to San Francisco" incident. We have had an unfortunate repeat, but all's well that ends well.

To translate, in short-hand: we put an offer in on the suburban house. Our offer was accepted. One of us panicked (hint: it wasn't Alice). We withdrew our offer. The thing is, the panicking happened for valid reasons. The suburban house WAS a stretch for us. If only the panicking could have happened before we signed that little piece of paper. Oh well, you gotta respect each individual's process . . .

So now, we are thisclose to making an offer on the urban house. One person is more determined than the other; the two camps are: we need to be done with this process, this is the best thing we have seen and let's wait for the 'perfect' home**, as in one that doesn't need so much work. (Alice remains neutral.) By making an offer, we will be able to get an inspector in there and see what we would really be taking on. Making informed choices is our motto here at Mc2.

In the meantime, I had planned on doing a big picture-fest yesterday, and have a neighbor take a picture of us for our 1 year anniversary as a family, etc . . . but instead, I think I fell asleep before Alice. And now she is asleep and Tom is at the grocery store because it is our day tomorrow to provide the kids at daycare with food all day.


If Alice sees Tom without his hat, she will insist that he put it on. Unless of course SHE wants to wear it! Tom without his hat just seems wrong to her, and to many of us . . .


We had sooo much fun when Wendy and Gregg and Cadence came over for dinner. Candence and Alice played together beautifully. It was a whole new world for us.

Ok, stay tuned for more developments!


*Also adopted from Guatemala, as was 11 year old Nico who ALSO lives on our street. If ONLY there was an affordable two family we could buy on THIS street!!!

**Perfect in the sense by which our friend Steve assured us we would recognize our home by it featuring the 'right' combination of compromises.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have every faith that you'll all end up in the neighborhood you are meant to be in!

Julie P said...

I second what Sarah said. Isn't there some famous quote about how its the journey that is supposed to be fun, not just the destination? I guess that person never bought a house :( Deep breath...it will all be ok in the end, and you'll all end up where you are supposed to be.

Charlotte said...

My I third what Sarah said?