I keep thinking today about all of Alice's mothers, and how I am the luckiest of all. I hope her mother in Guatemala is at peace with her life. We do hope to try and establish contact someday, but first we need to finish the re-adoption here. Not for legal reasons, just a matter of how much paperwork we can handle at once! I really feel that we need to do this for Alice's sake, no matter what the outcome. Hopefully we can start that process in a couple of months, and get a message to her that Alice is safe, happy, and very loved.
I think often of her foster mother, Ana Margarita. I do hope we can take Alice to Guatemala in the next couple of years, so Ana and her family can see Alice again. We keep up on IM and via email every couple of months, which has been so wonderful to have that continuity.
I think of how lucky we are to have found Alice's daycare, with Ana from Guatemala being Alice's favorite person there. The other day she said t me, very seriously, "Mama, Dada, Ana." Yes, I said. Mama, Dada, and Ana all love Alice very very much!
I think of our mothers, and how supportive they are as we tackle parenthood. I love to hear Alice say Maemae and Abuela. (And Papa and Abuelo, but hey, it's Mother's Day!) I am so grateful to my mom for the living blueprint she gave me of how to do a good job!
I have such a wonderful life. Alice was very clingy this morning, only wanting Mama. I LOVED it! I try to act all casual so as not to encourage problematic behaviors, but it is impossible to not want to hold her in my arms . . . all the time! (Ok, it IS nice to go into the bathroom by myself sometimes lol).
Thank you, everyone, who helped make this day possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment