This photo cracks me up, as you can see even the tiniest backpack dwarfs her torso.
From the front though, it fits her well, and she loves it so.
Alice suggests we take the backpack AND the car on our adventure. Mama and Dada counter with the fact that a walk to the park is very doable.
Alice picks up a magic pebble for her journey.
I always wonder what she is thinking.
While we wait for the next set of pictures to upload, I'll tell you, I had a heck of a time getting Alice to bed tonight. And the last several nights. She is screaming bloody murder up there. I have tried everything I can think of . . . ignoring it, sitting on the stairs, sitting on the bed . . . everything short of what she wants, that is, which is to come into the big bed. Finally finally after over an hour, she calmed down and went to sleep. I am starting to wonder if she is napping too much during the day at school. I'll have to pay careful attention this weekend--she usually naps less with us, and if she goes to bed easily I'll know for sure.
I love watching her fiddle with her backpack.
Ok, so we got to the park, and the only swing they have there is for big kids. Lo and behold, Alice can swing on the big swing.
I tell her she is my toddler, and I am not ready for her to be a big kid. It is going so fast. Look at that form!
She was captivated by a group of boys with bubbles, and has since learned to blow them herself.
Then she went for a run in the very cold fountain!
She had so much fun running in the fountains.
After a while she even lured me in. The water was freezing but this was late-August and HOT.
Now the temperature is supposed to dip to 40 degrees tonight. Summer is over. And we somehow never once made it to the beach. About two-thirds of the way through the Summer I realized that fact, and was astounded. Then I remembered, oh, yes, I wasn't working last Summer. The pesky work thing, how it gets in the way! Now that it looks like we are indeed going to be homeowners, I am sure next Summer we will be loking for free outings like trips to the beach! Something to look forward to!
1 comment:
Ally has been not going to sleep well either. Thank-you for blogging about it - it has made us feel a lot better this week knowing we're not suffering alone. Gosh its tough sometimes, isn't it? But WOW a house ? where? scoop please? Hope to see you on Saturday.
Post a Comment