Awesome: Ally invited four of her new friends over for a playdate, all Guatemala girls of a certain age. Alice was the oldest at almost 2, and I think the youngest was about 16 months. We had an awesome time! It was especially fun to see all the beautiful girls hanging out. We plan on doing this again . . . and are hoping for a monthly rotation at each other's houses. In what Tom would call my tendency to eternalize, I would like to have us meet monthly from now until the girls go to college! I heard on the radio sometime in the last year a report on a mother-daughter group that got together like this, and as the girls got older, they actually turned it into a discussion group for topics the girls would be facing as they grew up. Or maybe I think now it started with that purpose in mind! And I think the woman who started the group was a psycologist, and wrote a book about the experience. And the preceding description, by the way, is also a challenge to help me find the book!
Ok, so that was one awesome. The other awesome was that afterward, Alice and I went to the park behind our house for a festival and what did they have there? Rescue vehicles! Ambulances, fire engines galore. Alice even got to sit in the fire engine, and while I did get a picture, it was with my phone and I have yet to tackle pulling pictures off of my phone.
We needed for rescue vehicles nearby, as Tom threw out his back. It seems to be his shoulders/upper back area. He can walk, sit etc, but lifting things . . . not so good. I have him drugged up with herbal muscle relaxants, so we shall see how he is feeling tomorrow.
That was the not so awesome. The thing that straddles the awesome/not so awesome line is that while Alice did go to sleep very easily tonight it was because she had no nap today at all. None, nanda, zip, zero. Which means Mama didn't get a nap either, phooey! But it does mean that the house is clean, because Mama didn't get a nap either! I purposefully did not put her down for a nap today, given how difficult it has been to get her down this week.
I will be curious to see how long she sleeps for tonight. She was asleep by 7:40pm. Last night, she didn't get to sleep till 9:40pm, and slept till 8:30am. I am going to bed early tonight, just in case she is up at the crack of dawn!!! The thing is, she wasn't particularly cranky by any stretch of the imagination. I think she did terrific for a napless almost two year old. Does this mean the end of naps??? Stay tuned! (She just woke up at about 8:30 and I put her in the big bed surrounded by pillows . . .)
In pursuit of my effort to get caught up on the blog:
This was taken at a cafe while we waited for our laundry to finish, before attending open houses. Our Dryer is STILL broken! Aargh. They were supposed to finally fix it this past week, so I didn't go to the laundrymat since we were super busy getting the new house inspected. So now I have 2 weeks of regular laundry to lug there tomorrow, and I probably cannot leave Alice with Tom because he cannot lift her. Plus, since we haven't had a dryer for over a month, I finally am going to wash all the little rugs that are absolutely disgusting. Grrrr. I hope they fix it soon. We had a great time at the cafe, as you can see here, with Dada and Alice drawing their pictures.
After a full day of house hunting, we ended up going out for pizza. Alice and I roamed around outside while Dada ate (since the pizza was too hot).
I tried to take some artsy photos since the colors matched. I really just need to hire a photographer!
Still even my bad skills can capture Alice's cuteness!
And here she is on another day as we went for a walk at dusk.
1 comment:
I totally agree about the monthly thing for the next 18 years! And we seriously need to schedule a weekly or every other week get together. We would really enjoy that.
Glad you had fun at the park. Too bad about Tom and his back - let us know if you need help with anything.
Post a Comment