Thursday, September 11, 2008

What Happened?

So, I am sitting here trying to catch up on the blog while watching Men in Black on Hulu . . . and listening to my daughter scream her head off. Alice has been having a hard time getting to bed all this week. Was it the change in weather? A growth spurt? Tom started teaching last night, but she was having a hard time before that. I feel so bad letting her cry it out, but last night I sat up with her and she didn't get to sleep till almost 10pm. Ok, silence. I struggle with wanting to give her the skills to be independent and help herself versus scarring her for life. Tough call.

The latest cuteness: Alice has taken to asking us, "What Happened?" This might happen when Tom and I share a joke and laugh, or when she hears a noise . . . or when Tom scratches his nose, or I go to the bathroom. It is pretty funny. The other cute thing is that when one of us leaves the room, she has started to say in a singsong voice, "Where ARE you?" I think that comes from them playing hide and seek at school. Finally, Alice wrote a new song, and Dada translated it:

Da me bubbles
diamond bubbles
I want bubbles


A picture of Alice and our neighbor Deb. Alice loves Deb. She points out Deb's house and car every time we come or go. She loves helping Deb water the garden, and visiting Deb at her house. If we do buy a house, Alice will miss Deb. (Could be more house news soon . . . stay tuned).



After we returned from California, we got to give the best party: a shower for Sarah since Simon Trung was about to come home from Vietnam.


Sarah's friends were a huge help in puling it together. Alice had a great time with the babies.


Here is the mama to be, looking well rested (not for long!).


And then, just weeks later, we got to go to Sarah and Eric's to meet . . . Simon!



Oh so tired, yet oh so happy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, we look so dirty and disheveled in those photos. Doing much better now!!!! We were so happy to have you as our first visitors. <3

Unknown said...

Ok, the diamond bubbles poem is Pulitzer prize worthy. Seriously. It's her own version of a Haiku. Wow. And is that Sarah Hay in those pictures??? Sarah-- congratulations!!! Much happiness to you!
Lori