Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Naps!

I just read over the last 3 no picture posts and realized I hadn't updated on the fact that Alice is napping again! She was announcing to Tom and I, "I tired" morning noon and night, so we are happy she is back to napping AND going down easily to bed. Right now she is only napping an hour a day, which seems to be working with bedtime. She still wakes up after about an hour or two and wants to come to our bed, and I let her as I am a believer in the family bed.

She was kicking the cabinets this morning when we were in the kitchen, and I decided to give her a time out--more as practice than anything. I had told her not to kick the cabinets and she kept doing it, so it seemed like a good learning opportunity. I picked her up and sat her on the stairs, told her she was getting a time out for kicking the cabinets, and went back to the kitchen. After about 3 seconds she announced she was done and came into the kitchen. She did not kick any cabinets, or anything else. So I see this as a success. Often our timeouts have come during tearful, ok hebby jeeby screaming moments, and you have to sit and hold her on your lap for their to be any attempt even at a time out. So it was good to have a low key situation to practice on.

She still loves having us spin together. She said to me this morning when she wanted me to look at some grapes in the bag going to daycare, "Come with me." She has a lot of words, but I think she is short-circuiting because she tends to point and say, "I want that one." rather than "I want the cup." So I have to come over and point to everything and name it before she nods. I love watching her learn.

We talked about the new house again this morning. I think I am going to get the pictures we took printed and put them into a book for her so we can read it together. Thank goodness I emailed my mom pictures of the house! I will take the hard drive in tomorrow and hopefully be able to recover all the pictures that weren't on the back-up hard drive. What horrible timing!

TTFN

No comments: