Monday, October 20, 2008

Hi, love-bug!

Alice walked into the kitchen yesterday and said to me, "aye lie bud." I started trying to translate, but all I could come up with was "I like Bud." Not being a fan myself of that brand of beer, I knew she was trying to communite someting else. It finally dawned on me that she was saying, "Hi, love-bug!" something she hears me say to her often. I said it back to her, and she nodded. We then had the following conversation:

A: Hi, love-bug!
M: Hi, love-bug!

Repeat about 20 times. She breaks my heart she is so very cute.

We also had our Guatemalan girls playgroup at our house this weekend. Alice was still napping when everyone arrived, so she took a while to warm up. I was so excited because Ally sat on my lap and let me read her a book. She is soooo adorable, as are all the girls. We are trying to meet monthly. It dawned on me while they were there that we could someday have a slumber party with the girls. It is just so awesome to have these wonderful parents and kids taking this specific version of the journey with us.

I have started packing boxes, and Alice and I talk about the new house. I am not sure exactly what she understands, but sometimes she will ask me if something is in reference to the new house, so I think there is some level of sinking in. I try to driver her by it every weekend, but of course we don't get out of the car. I now have 8 boxes packed, and a month till we move. omg!

No comments: