This weekend, we went to Ally's 2nd birthday party. I won't say we spent the entire party in the bathroom sitting on Ally's Elmo toilet . . .Actually at the end of the party Alice sat next to Ally to color. Alice is not a very sitting still kid, so it was especially cute to see her with her friend Ally.
After leaving the party, I decided to go to Target to get Alice her own on the floor potty. We got it home, unpacked it, and Alice proceeded to strip naked and spend the next several hours playing with her new potty. Our neighbor Deb came over, and Mama had just about decided that she had made a HUGE mistake in ever buying a potty when Deb had the brilliant idea that the potty was tired from having worked so hard, and needed to rest. Hallelujah, said Mama! Alice agreed that the potty could rest, so the bathroom door got shut, lights out, and we then had to tiptoe past the door while Alice said "Sssshhhhhhh, potty sleeping." Mama believes she made a grave tactical error in purchasing the new potty while trying to get packing done. This should have happened AFTER we moved . . . you live and you learn!
Yesterday, we got to see Ally again for an afternoon playdate. (After no nap and many many many hours playing potty). Alice was so excited to know she was going to see Ally. This morning when she woke up, she asked, "where Ally?" I said we wouldn't see Ally till the weekend, and she was bummed. I really hope they can go to preschool together next year--it would be so nice for them to have a familiar face at school.
This morning, Alice asked if it was a Mamaday, and we said, no it was a schoolday today, and we would have a Mamaday in five more days. Alice asked Mama-work? And I said yes, Mama work.
A: New house work?
M: Dada works at the new house. Mama works at the library.
A: Alice, library?
M: Yes, you can go to the library at school.
A: With you. I want to go library you.
Craaaaaack. That would be the sound of my heart breaking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mine just broke too. I know how you feel! It would actually make me feel better when James, bored, would announce, "When are we going to Ola's." I'm still not over it, especially when he says things like, "Why does Justy get to stay home and when I was two, I went to Ola's?"
I love the image of Alice tip-toeing past the bathroom so as not to disturb the resting potty. I'll have to file that away for later...
Post a Comment