Well, we've got family, anyways. The day before we moved in, Alice came down with a stomach virus and five days later, so did Mama (which was last night, so we are really hoping Tom doesn't follow suit). Alice and I, after a protracted discussion held as Mama retched over the toilet bowl, decided that vomit was indeed not food. And, this is on top of Mama's massive sinusey head cold. Ah, Winter with a child.
But I know what you really want to hear is how is Alice handling the move? I'd say pretty darn awesome, considering the stomach virus etc . . . She started stuttering, which when I looked it up is a typical toddler stress response. That has started to fade already as we get more and more boxes unpacked, more and more familiar things appear, and we generally settle in.
She has been very helpful during unpacking. For example, the lentil project. Our new house has a pantry, and the pantry has enormous, Alice size cubbies where I have stored the tupperware and pots and pans. You know the difference between toddlers playing quietly, and too quietly? Enter, exhibit A: the Lentil Project.
Apparently I had decided to pack a bag of lentils in a cooking pot. Alice found them and managed to open the ziplock top of the bag. She then poured them into the cooking pot. Next, she found the yellow collander, and carefully placed lentil inside. How did Mama discover this was happening? The next step was for Alice to careful unpack and put away little piles of lentils in the dining and living rooms. Twenty years from now, I have no doubt that we will still be finding tiny orange lentils scattered all over the house.
While my folks were here, they patiently went to the mall with us (for hours) so we could finally get a new computer. It arrived, and today (seeing as I was home sick) I finally got it up and running and the dsl connected and the pictures dating back from October downloaded. So expect more posts to come as I catch up on our lives.
2 comments:
So glad you're finally in the new house! The lentil story had us so cracked up. Hope you're feeling better.
Congratulations on moving into your HOUSE!!! The lentil story is awesome. Hope you are feeling better soon. Can't wait to see you in your new home!
Post a Comment