For instance, today, Brian (our electrician) finished all his work (yay!). He brought us a bottle of rose and left with a container of cookies that I made using a recipe my mom sent me based on cookies family friend Nancy D'Andrea made during the holidays when I was a kid. They have coconut, maraschino cherries, and walnuts. Very retro. I am most grateful because he fixed the stove (which for a while there only ran one burner OR the oven at a time, only on HIGH). (As an aside, I will do my best to keep this an Alice blog and not turn it into a fixing up the house blog!!!)
Clare and Caroline also came over for a playdate which was great, considering it was 7 degrees outside but advertised to feel like negative 14. I wouldn't know, however, as I did not set one little toe outside all day. Alice had a terrific time with her friend. I have set up several playdate for her over the next few days and next weekend, too. Things around here are starting to feel like we are heading toward normal.
So, these were taken I think when we were getting the house inspected. I don't think we had even closed yet, based on the clothing (ack of jacket).
I think Alice is enjoying her new house.
The hardest part is probably that we haven't been outside much.
Notice the monster rain boots . . . they will be making a lot of appearances in the future!
We're inviting our old friends over, so hopefully we can keep in touch!
And we do miss our old neighbors. This is her on the hobby horse at one of our old neighbor's house. The have a 'pasture' in the side yard when they keep their mounts.
No comments:
Post a Comment