That is actually a favorite game for Alice. She hands me a doll or two, tells me to tell the baby that "her mama's gonna be right back" and then tells me that she has to go running on the machines. Running on the machines means opening the bathroom door and holding on to both door knobs while jumping up and down. An accurate depiction. We practice signing the babies in and out of the babysitter, which happens at the gym and at school. I told Tom the other night that I am starting to hear the phrase "tell her her mama's gonna be right back" so often that at times I start to think this is adoption-related rather than school-related. Lots for her to process either way!
How has Alice changed since this Summer? She is taking swim lessons now. Loves to strum our arms while singing a guitar song (lyrics: "guitar, guitar, guitar"). Love to dress up fancy. She loves to help in the kitchen, and recently cut up an entire bunch of bananas to freeze for smoothies. Her favorite pre-bedtime game is "I'm gonna get you" which entails one of us chasing her while she does her best little girl high pitched squeal. Sometimes, she takes my hand and kisses it and I collapse with love for her.
She is such a big girl now, yet sometimes still likes to be my baby in the ergo!
Note: It is barely fall and so far she has had Scarlet Fever and a cold. I've had a MRSA infection since the first wek of school and was on bedrest these past two weeks. I'll be headed to an infectious disease specialist next, so forgive me if these post continue to be erratic.
1 comment:
Yeah! Welcome back to blogging!
Post a Comment