Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Ancient Chinese Wisdom






Our friend Julie, who lived in China, shared with us the following First Birthday tradition:

Baby is placed in a circle and surrounded by objects which represent potential future career paths. The first object that baby crawls to and picks up determines the future career.

Well, we were game for this future telling! We weren't exactly prepared, but our guests willingly emptied their pockets and we came up with a circle of key chain toys and pens and a stuffed animal . . . and a cell phone! Of course the minute I saw the cell phone enter the circle, I knew what Alice was going to go for. And of course, she did! Apparently this means that she will a business mogul or movie star. We are hoping for business mogul, I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful photos! LOVE the hair fountain!!! :)