Before leaving Boston, we went out for pizza!
This was one of the few few times Papa actually left the house. A born mid-Westerner, he has definitely had his blood thinned by Florida . . . and I can't say I blame him. He did venture out to go see the Glass Flowers and buy his bride a Valentines Day gift.
More importantly to Alice, he ventured outside to assist me in installing her new carseat! (Adam and Stephanie, Tom can return yours when he comes for Gumbo, just in case . . .)
We arrived safe and sound in Florida after a minor delay leaving Boston (and it wasn't weather related! Just airline paperwork snafu). I wanted to get Alice's haircut cleaned up, so we went to the barber who cut my hair as a child (and from the pictures, you can see that Angelo was a child himself when he started work!). Angelo cuts my mom's hair, my sister's, my dad . . . so now he has cut the hair of three generations of my family. Alice, was somewhat traumatized by the proceedings.
However, there is no arguing with the results!
More soon from our trip. Right now, I am going outside to see the lunar eclipse!
No comments:
Post a Comment