Bye bye backhoe
Bye bye backhoe
Bye bye backhoe
We'll come to see you again.
We had a backhoe down the street for several weeks as a neighbor installed a french drain in their front yard. Alice was fascinated by it, and quickly learned the word backhoe. Hence, the song. She also loves airplanes and trucks and buses. Her daycare is right near a bus route, and she always waves to the bus as it goes by. One day a couple of weeks ago, the bus driver actually stopped the bus full of passengers, not at the bus stop, but just in the road near where Alice and I were standing. He opened the door and called us over. I couldn't imagine what he wanted, I thought maybe he had a question . . . nope. He wanted to give Alice her very own T pass!
In other news, we were recently in Texas for Cailtin's graduation. Tom then headed to the swamp for a bachelor party fishing trip for Pat. Remember when he went last year, and we joked that we were sending Tom to the swamp to ensure that we got the call that Alice could come home . . . and it worked!!! Alice had so much fun seeing her Aunt Elizabeth, who gamely chased Alice over and over and over again. And again! And it was so nice to see Sean and Caitlin and hear about all their Summer plans (which hopefully include a visit to us, hint hint).
I have a story about graduation, but I'll post it later this week to make sure I have content!!!
The best part of the trip to Texas for me though was when Alice RAN to her Abuela to be picked up. She is such a love bug. She also got to meet her Dada's Padrino and Madrina (godparents) and their daughter Marisa's new baby Dominick. So much excitement, and our trip was only half accomplished. When Tom went to the swamp, Alice and I flew to Florida to see my folks. I'll post more about that tomorrow. In the meantime . . . pictures!
Alice thinks she is ready for a fishing trip in the swamp with her Dada.
Some serious cute!
Holding hands in not a problem when one hand belongs to Aunt Elizabeth!
No comments:
Post a Comment