When waiting for ALice to come home, I engaged in serious retail therapy at many of the wonderful thrift stores on the Peninsula. I made a decision at the time that anything that turned out to be too small for her by the time she came home I would donate to an orphange in Guatemala. I also decided to only buy cute clothes up to size 2T, because I figured by then she might have an opinion on what she wants to wear. Well, as her 2nd birthday approaches, that is turning out to be true! My mom and dad got Alice some pajamas with backhoes on them, and Sunday night I put them on her for bed. Monday morning she woke up wanting to keep wearing her backhoe shirt to school. I figured it was clean, threw a pair of jeans on her, and called her dressed for the day. We talked to her about showing her backhoe to her friends at school. When Tom picked her up yesterday, the first thing she did was proudly show him her backhoe shirt! Well, this morning when Alice woke up, she immediately declared she wanted to wear her backhoe shirt again. We convinced her it was dirty and needed to be washed, and it took a little more convincing that it would be washed later rather than immediately. She accompanied me to the dresser, and proceeded to pick out her bathing suit with the floaty inserts sewn in to wear for the day. I talked her down to a regular bathing suit underneath her clothes, and asked Tom to explain to daycare when he took her in why she was wearing a bathing suit!
Now I wonder if she will want to wear a bathing suit tomorrow? Or the backhoe shirt? Uh oh, somehow I feel it is all just beginning!
Update: Alice came home sans bathing suit! lol Also, we shared our first pun today. We were in the bath, and Alice was having trouble deciding if she wanted the shower or the tub faucet as her water delivery system. I told her she had to choose. She looked at me, and then started making chewing motions with her mouth, Too funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment