Tom and I have been reading Richard Scarry's Best Word Book Ever and Mother Goose to Alice. She loves, the airplane page (of course), especially the passenger loading stairs ("up and down"). She also loves the blimp, which she pronounces by making a raspberry with her mouth on the 'bl'. She loves the lion on the circus page with his mouth wide open in a roar. Tonight, she posited that the lion was going peepee on the potty, as he squatted on his overturned tub. She loves the train page, and the passenger in the dining car eating on the train cracks her up. Most of all though, she loves for us to recite How Do. Can you guess which rhyme is How Do? I know my mom can guess! I remember it from my childhood, all the kids I babysat and nannied for loved it. It is a universal favorite amoung toddlers.
Have you guessed yet?
One misty moisty morning
When cloudy was the weather
I chanced to meet an old man
Clothed all in leather
Clothed all in leather
With his cap under his chin
How do you do, how do you do,
How do you do again?
When we do this, shaking Alice's hands at the end, she basically turns into tickle me Elmo and gets absolutely hysterical with giggles.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love your great stories, Cheryl.
Thanks for sharing them!
Lori
Post a Comment