Monday, October 06, 2008

Dance Party

Alice woke up this morning wanting to have a dance party. She danced around the room, spinning and skipping and waving her arms while chanting, "Baile baile baile!" She demanded Tom and I join in the fun. After Tom went downstairs to start breakfast, she went to the hidey space between the side of the dresser and the wall. She then peeked out and told me "I work. I teaching." Then, when Alice and Tom dropped me off at work, she called out, "Bye bye, I love you." How am I supposed to stay dry eyed when she is so cute all the time? Oh, right, that would be during the walk home, when she was crying inconsolably. I finally convinced her to let me sing to her. She was soooo tired poor thing. When I see how easily she falls asleep I feel the no nap policy is a good one, but I really feel for her at times like that when she is so exhausted. But a good stir-fry dinner from Dada later, and we were back to a baile fiesta in our pajamas before bed!

2 comments:

Julie P said...

I too get teary eyed a lot lately with Ally. The child development and cuteness thing are just too much for my emotions sometimes. Thanks for sharing...its nice to know I'm not alone.

Brian Hinshaw said...

Do I gather from your comments that your day care has a "no napping" policy? What's their justification? What are there hours of operation?

Naps are one of life's treasures, and -- I think -- a basic civil right for kiddos. I will have my political action committee -- Global Siesta -- send over some flyers.