Sunday, March 13, 2011
Security
So, since Tom was diagnosed with cancer, Alice has been requesting a series of tents to be erected for her to sleep in. This came about when one night Alice was desperately asking me to create a tent for her to sleep in, crying for me to "think about it in my head" to figure it out for her. Desperation is the mother of invention, so I took her old baby playmat and draped it with the teddy bear sheets from my childhood bed. Alice immediately calmed down, and told me I did a good job. Nothing like a safe space when surrounded by chaos!




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You could always erect the camping tent - it would fit in her room. Glad you found something that helps her sleep. Sleep is so important for all of you.
I'm struck by how ingenious you are AND how tapped in Alice is to what she needs--an enclosed space where she can be safe and secure. You're such a great mom.
Been too long since I checked in here. Boy, 2011 really has been the Year of the Suck for far too many of us. I will send good thoughts your way, and recommend that you pick up John Sayles' recent novel (Moment in the Sun) for Tom's enjoyment. I recall he is a fan of Matewan.
Post a Comment